- I will turn 38 in 3 months.
- I've never been in a tenure-track position. I do have "faculty status for the purposes of governance and service," though. That happened when I was 33.
- I’ve been in the profession since 1993 — 18 years. I’ve had jobs outside of libraries when I've had multiple jobs at one time, but working at Wendy's after my freshman year of college is the last time I was without a library job.
- I’ve had my MLIS since 1998 — 13 years this August.
- I started supervising library staff when I was 26, in my first MLS-required job. Some of them had their MLS too, even though none of their positions required it.
- I started managing budgets when I was 26, in my first MLS-required job.
- I had my first grant application approved when I was 26, in my first MLS-required job. Biggest grant to date: $1.2 million, approved when I was 29.
- I presented at my first local conference when I was 31, and I will be 38 when I present at my first national (ish) one later this spring.
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Meme (?) : For the record
Following Jenica Rogers...